Holy Trinity Church, Parish of Ulverston, Ulverston, Lancashire, England
Holy Trinity Church- Church of England.
Holy Trinity is an elegant yet substantial building in the early English style of architecture, with a spiral tower. The foundation stone was laid on 3 October 1829 and the church was consecrated 5 July 1832. It was declared redundant in 1975.
Holy Trinity was a series of new churches which were assisted by parliamentary funds, particularly in Lancashire, in order to meet the needs of expanding populations. They were often described as Commissioners' churches.
After closure, it had a varied existence, serving from 1977 as a sports hall which included a bar, squash courts and jacuzzi before being sold in 1987 for eventual conversion into flats. However, much of the church exterior and many of the memorials in the gravyard have survived intact.